Established in 2013, the North West Business Association was formed from the Kumeu Coast & Country Business Association and the Helensville District Business Association.
After three years of discussion between the two organisations we came to the realisation that we would represent the entire district better by forming one organisation with one voice to ensure we were heard by local Government.
Our district from Riverhead to Kaukapakapa as a thriving and vibrant destination; a place where people want to work, live and visit, and a place that proudly preserves its heritage, food, wine and cultural values. It is a place where positivity and a great experience flow.
- Promoting the North West District as a appealing destination for visitors.
- To encourage and support a sustainable level of wealth and economy.
- Provide access to support, advice and services that allows for growth and retention of businesses.
- Demonstrate that our area is a forward thinking community town, worthy of investment and encouraging of appropriate new development.
- To represent the business community on government and council issues.
- To be a collective and representative voice for businesses in the district.
- Support and encourage new ideas and initiatives conducive to sustainable business and community growth
The Association is funded by way of a targeted rate as shown in the map attachments below. It is important to note that only buildings currently paying commercial rates within the areas pay the targeted BID rate. The building owner pays the targeted rate, they then have the option to on charge it to their tenants.
The North West District Business Association produces a quarterly magazine for its members. Click the image below to view the most recent Issue.
Below are links to previous issues of the North West Update