- Welcome to North West County Inc
- Strategic Plan
The North West – New Zealand’s creative playground and premier place to live, work and do business and the location of choice for Aucklanders looking for a new experience.
Inspiring and enabling businesses to thrive in Auckland’s Creative Playground.
- History - A history of early habitation, adventurous and spirited people.
- Environment - It offers a beautiful natural environment that helps visitors escape, unwind and connect with nature. Sweeping from coast to coast with rolling hills, forests and waterways.
- Food Experience - The place where Auckland’s best quality food, wine and beer is produced.
- Spirit - Passionate spirited people, who are adventurous, express themselves and strive to deliver exceptional experiences.
- Adventure - A chance to discover new places, meet new people. It offers exhilarating experiences that will ignite the senses.
- LifeStyle – A great place to live with a strong community.
- Adventurous - we are positive, we challenge, we explore, and we express ourselves passionately.
- Welcoming- We are down to earth, friendly and helpful.
- Supportive - of each other with a strong sense of community.
- Become the network connector for businesses in the North West.
- Provide relevant and timely support and information to members.
- Promote the North West as Auckland’s creative playground.
- Celebrate the cultural history of our area.
- Create a strong business brand of North West Country.
- Provide strong and transparent operational foundation.
- Become the face and voice of the business community.
- Transport connections.
- Communicating the vision.
- Geographic spread of North West area.
- Appearance of our commercial centres ie: signage clutter.
- Perceptions around the value the Association can add and get support from existing members.
- Enhancing the value and perception that North West Country adds.
- Northwest’s offering closely matches all the desires of Auckland day trippers with a huge range of activities.
- North West is seen as unknown but full of potential and therefore offers visitors a sense of new discovery.
- The North West is closer to Auckland than many people realise.
- There is a huge untapped audience in Auckland ready to be wowed.
- New commercial and residential developments and growing local population offer opportunities for existing business reasons for new businesses to set up in the district
- Building on the things we do well now eg: adventure tourism.
Strategic plan 2021-2022
Business plan 2021-2023
PROMOTING OUR DISTRICT
Make our brand instantly recognisable.
- Complete Kumeu entrance project.
- Ensure our online presence is up to date and relevant.
- Issue window stickers to all businesses.
- Continue online advertising to raise profile of area.
- Hold events that raise the associations profile and recognition.
Work with businesses, agencies and iwi to improve our townships and key destinations
- Work with council agencies and the Local Board to improve the look and feel of our townships.
- Support the implementation of the Kumeu Huapai Centre Plan and the town centre upgrades in Helensville.
- Investigate partnerships with businesses, council and other agencies to progress town centre improvements.
- Purchase additional Christmas Trees for another town centre and support the Light Up the North West event.
- Offer a township improvement fund to work with business and council to improve the appearance of our townships.
Incorporate the history of our district and creative sector as part of our promotional program
Start work on a historic trail through the North West using post & QR code with access to visual and audio online. Unused budget will be rolled over so this can start without requiring grants. The first areas will be Riverhead and Helensville.
Promote the District to Visitors
- Hold a series of evening concerts at the Huapai Hub to encourage people into the town centre.
- Change the format of the North West Festival to lower the financial risk around COVID19.
HELPING GROW BUSINESS
Provide relevant information to members about the association’s activities and the opportunities for promotion and assistance.
- Purchase Market View Data for 2021.
- Continue to improve accuracy of database.
- Ensure we have got all eligible members signed up to the association.
Continue to develop the Business Excellence Program for members by adding relevant promotion, training opportunities, mentoring and support to help grow their businesses and encourage them towards participating in our annual business awards.
- Investigate offering training vouchers for members for online courses.
- Lift participation in 2021 Business Awards
- Raises engagement with business promotional program in local papers and social media
Engage with organisations, agencies and council to advocate on behalf of the business community
- Ensure the association understands the issues affecting its members.
- Be a strong advocate both at local and national government level on behalf the association’s membership.
The full Annual Report, Business Plan and Budget is available below.
2021 Strategic Plan & Budget